Size and Weight
- Dimensions: 3.85 inches (98 mm) by 3.85 inches (98 mm) by 0.9 inch (23 mm)
- Weight: 8.5 ounces (240 grams)1
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
- Simultaneous dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Radio output power: 20.5 dBm maximum (varies by country)
- Channels 1-11, 36-116, and 132-165 approved for use in the United States and Canada
- Channels 1-13, 36-64, and 100-140 approved for use in Europe and Japan
- Channels 1-13, 36-64, and 149-165 approved for use in Australia, Hong Kong, and New Zealand
- Interoperable with 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n-enabled Mac computers, iOS devices, Apple TV, Windows-based PCs, and other Wi‑Fi devices
- NAT, DHCP, PPPoE, VPN Passthrough (IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP), DNS Proxy, SNMP, IPv6 (6to4 and manual tunnels)
- Wi‑Fi Protected Access™ (WPA/WPA2)2
- WPA/WPA2 Enterprise2
- Wireless security (WEP) configurable for 40-bit and 128-bit encryption
- MAC address filtering
- NAT firewall
- 802.1X, PEAP, LEAP, TTLS, TLS, FAST
- Time-based access control
Software and Documentation
- Printed documentation included
- AirPort Utility for Mac available for free download
- AirPort Utility for iOS available for free download
- Bonjour for Windows available for free download
- Simultaneous dual-band 802.11n wireless
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet WAN port for connecting a DSL modem, cable modem, or Ethernet network
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN port for connecting a computer, Ethernet hub, or networked printer
- USB 2 port for connecting a USB printer
- 3.5-mm audio minijack for analog or optical digital sound3
Number of Users
Electrical and Environmental Requirements
- 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz; input current: 0.2 amp
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 140° F (-25° to 60° C)
- Relative humidity (operating): 20% to 90%, noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet (3000 m)
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- FCC 15 Class B, Canada RSS-210, EN 300-328, EN 301-489, EN 301 893, ARIB STD-T66, RCR STD-T33, AS/NZS 4268: 2003, UL 60950, CSA-C22.2 No. 60950
- Setup and Administration
- Wireless Device Access
- Any Wi‑Fi-enabled device that uses the 802.11a/b/g/n specification
- Shared Printing with a USB Printer
- USB printer
- Mac with OS X v10.2.7 or later
- PC with Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), or Windows 8
AirPort Express and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life-cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Learn more
AirPort Express is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Brominated flame retardant-free
- Meets ENERGY STAR 1.0 requirements for Small network equipment
Apple and the Environment
Learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and process. The Apple Product Environmental Specification details the environmental attributes of our products.
Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization. Learn more about how to recycle your Mac.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Support for WPA requires OS X v10.3 or later. Use of Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) reduces the maximum number of network users. When joining an existing wireless network, AirPort Express supports only WPA-Personal. WPA2 requires a Mac computer with an AirPort Extreme Card and OS X v10.3 or later.
- Requires a compatible stereo system or powered speakers. AirPlay is available on all devices running iOS 4.3 or later. Some features require the latest software. Second-generation Apple TV or later required.
- PVC-free AC power cord available in all regions except India and South Korea.
Wireless Internet access requires a wireless-enabled computer or device, a base station or other access point, and Internet access (fees may apply).